May 26, 2021
Our thought leaders of the day
are Eric Twiggs and Ted Fells, the voices behind The 30 Minute
Hour, where they aim to inspire their listeners to realize their
full potential. Eric calls himself,
“Your Procrastination Prevention Partner,” and
the author of “The Discipline of Now: 12 Practical Principles To
Overcome Procrastination.” Ted is the “Super CEO” between two who
is also a business strategist extraordinaire and all-around
Listen to Eric and Ted and learn
how prioritizing impact over income can be good for you!
This podcast contains affiliate
links! That means if you purchase from the companies we promote
using the links we provide, we receive a small commission. Thank
you for your support! You can see our full affiliate
[00:01 - 05:01] Introduction
- I introduce Eric Twiggs and Ted
- Eric introduces himself and their
- Ted describes the fun they bring to business
[05:02 - 14:22] Impact > Income
- Conversation on the “Gratitude
- Eric on changing your definition of “success”
and looking for significance
- Ted on sharing what you know with
- Every single moment does not have to be
- Giving knowledge away is like investing in
others, and eventually, goodness comes back around.
- Eric on not looking for an immediate
[14:23 - 25:08] The Importance of a Mentor in Your
- Eric’s mentor, Ed Tate, who didn’t know Eric
from a can of paint but spent so much time chatting with
- Ted’s mentor, in government service, taught him
to understand the big picture, help and share.
- Eric on overcoming scarcity and
- Embracing an Abundance Mindset.
- “Let’s say you win the rat race. At the end of
the day, you are still a rat!”
- People who are truly successful, they share!
They give away things that they could be charging for!
- We speak about Adam Grant’s books
- Eric on Dr. Willey Jolley’s
- Charles Schwart, giving away stuff instead of
selling, selling, selling
[25:09 - 30:39] From Contempt to
- Ted on learning so much from every good guest
who is excited to give and share.
- And how there are so many good people in the
- How important curiosity is in moving forward
- Changing our contempt to curiosity
- Join the Conspiracy of Goodness
[30:40 - 38:47] The “What Now Movement”
- The “What Now Movement”
- “Mind the Gap”... the limiting stories we are
- The picture we put “out there” in our online
[38:48- 48:46] What People Have in
- The new social contract on social media is all
about being helpful and thoughtful.
- Experimentation in business is good right now.
People are not looking for perfection.
- The past year has been all about “creating” for
- Some of the changes of the pandemic might be
good! We will be more at ease with change.
- We’ve found other ways to interact and engage
with family. Ted’s hilarious impression of his 93-year old mother
- Dr. Lynda on having a sense of humor in our
times and the story of the newscaster and the cat’s
- Ted and Eric on everyone being people now. We
are all dealing with the same thing and it has brought us all to
realize a lot that we have in common
[48:47- 56:46] Coming From a Place of
- Dr. Lynda on the range of emotions we are all
experiencing and her podcast interview with two fellows who were
not wearing pants
- Eric and Ted on what reminds them that it is
still an amazing world.
- If you go into your day and every interaction
trying to help, people GET TO feel good about their engagements
with you, you will change lives.
- Being the best YOU that you can be.
“Impact is more important
than income.” - Eric
“One of the greatest things
about having a podcast...is that you just learn so much with every
guest.” - Ted
- Individuals to follow
- Learn from the best! MasterClass provides 100+
classes across 9 categories. Learn science from Neil deGrasse
Tyson, songwriting from Alicia Keys, or style from Tan France!
Their insights are not to be missed.
Check out the The
30 Minute Hour and
listen to Eric and Ted on how to maximize your
Conspiracy of Goodness Links:
Conspiracy of Goodness
Conspiracy of Goodness on
Dr. Lynda's Book:
Ever Widening Circles